Watch Live Racing
- Minimum Deposit: $5
- Deposit Methods: PayPal, Credit/Debit Card, Skrill, POLi, Bank Transfer, BPay
- Withdrawal Methods: Bank transfer, Skrill, Paypal
SportsBet Review & Promotions
Sportsbet is arguably one of the most popular sports betting companies in Australia. Not only does it offer an excellent sports betting product, but it appeals to the masses with its fun social media campaigns and unique branding. It has been in the business since 2005, so has had plenty of time to build up a very solid reputation. In this Sportsbet review, we will look at all areas of the site, from its betting markets and odds, to live betting and mobile betting. We will also look at customer support and payment methods, making sure that it offers a fun but also safe and easy betting experience.
Sportbet offers its customers almost 40 different domestic and international sports to bet on, with excellent markets in both sports and racing. As such, it is seen to be one of the best in the country. There are hundreds of different markets on individual events and matches, with plenty of future bets and in play options. There is also an excellent variety of bet types available. What to expect:
- Wide range of international and domestic sports
- Hundreds of markets on major events
- Quinella, Trifecta and Exacta horse racing bets
- Win/Place bets on horse racing
- Jockey Challenge and Box Challenge for Greyhound racing
- Entertainment, political and specials betting
- Novelty bets and markets
In addition to this, there are a number of different sports betting features available to Sportsbet customers.
- Same game multis: Before this was introduced, punters could only add one bet from an event to an acca. This feature means that punters can make a number of different betting predictions on the same match.
- Same Race Multis: This is very similar to a same game multi, where you can make several selections from one race and combine them together into one for better odds.
- BYO Bets: This is popular with a number of top bookies and it allows punters to contact the bookmaker and ask for markets that they don’t already offer to create their own bets
- Asian Handicaps: If there is a bet between a heavy favourite and an underdog, you can bet on the favourite, with a handicap, meaning that you can still get decent odds for the event.
- Cash Out: If your bet is going well, but it looks like the tide may turn, you can quit while you’re ahead and take a percentage of your winnings before the game is over.
Sportsbet offer generous odds on a whole range of sports. Indeed, their payout rate overall, is one of the most generous out there at 94.6%. The best odds are basketball, with a payout rate of 95.9%, with football standing at 94.4 and tennis at 93.4%
As a more established sportsbook, Sportsbet offers live betting options and markets for most popular sporting events, so you can place your bets as the match happens. As well as this, Sportsbet also offers a live streaming service so that players can live stream an event that they have placed a bet on, as long as they have enough money in their sportsbook account. Be aware, that as per Australian law, punters need to ring up and speak to an operator to place a live bet.
The Sportsbet mobile app is simple and easy to use and is available on both iOS and Android mobile devices. The whole experience is quick, smooth and seamless. A big plus is that on the app, you can stay logged into your account, which saves a lot of time. Also, the text is clear and easy to follow.
Customers can also access ‘My Bets’ and their bet slip at the top of the screen, which makes placing the bet very quick. The search icon also lets you look for whatever sporting event you want.
Additionally, customers on the mobile app can access runner info and expert comments when they click on a specific horse. They can also use the Sportsbet Blackbook on mobile, which tells them when their favourite horse has a race coming up.
The customer support is available on phone, email and live chat. We were very impressed that customers can access help 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. This is what is expected from bookmakers with the reputation of Sportsbet.
- Live chat is available 24/7 at the Sportsbet Help Centre,
- The phone line is manned between 8.00 am to 10.00 pm Monday to Saturday and between 9.00 am to 9.00 pm on Sundays
- Email is monitored 24/7 at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sportsbet offers a number of payment methods. There are a number of instant deposit methods including Credit cards, PayPal and POLi. Additionally, there are non-instant methods such as Bank Transfer and B-Pay. The minimum deposit for all payment methods is $5.
When it comes to withdrawals, there are a number of methods available including Bank Transfer, Credit Card, PayPal, Skrill, Moneybookers and Sportsbet Cash Card. The minimum withdrawal for all methods is $10.
Sportsbet has built up its solid reputation for a reason. We were very impressed with the overall usability of the site, on desktop but also on mobile. We found it all very user friendly. Also, we thought the availability of sports and markets was excellent – with one of the biggest varieties out there. They add to this by offering punters an excellent range of cutting edge betting features, such as handicap betting and cash out, to add extra excitement. In terms of customer support, we couldn’t fault it, as it was available 24 hours, and contactable in a number of ways. We were also pleased to see that the withdrawals were very quick and free of charge.
Overall, it’s quite clear why Sportsbet is one of the most popular sports betting operators in Australia, it offers punters everything they need for a fun and exciting betting experience.